Something that impact me

I lived in Dakar for 5 years. One thing that I wonder was why are there only boys in the street? In other countries there is boys and girls. In third grade my teacher explain to us that the kids went to quranic school. In those schools kids are beaten for the minor mistake they do. Also their parents send them there because they think they will be treated well and learn.When actually they are forced to beg and the money goes to their teacher.I see children begging in the streets all the time. Every morning that I am going to school I see them begging.In third grade for the first time our class went to Samusocial. Samusocial is an foundation that help the “talibé”win money while they find his parents.The kids told us want happen to them. There was impacting stories.In 2014 the government found over 30,000 boys begging in the streets.  I wrote about the talibé because you can see them begging in the streets all the time. People don’t realize that if they don’t bring 2,000 cfa they will be beaten.

7 thoughts on “Something that impact me

1. This was very informational and interesting to me because I didn’t know a lot about the talibe kids. I like that you added some facts, it shows that you care about this topic. Do you think that you would feel passionate enough to write an essay about this topic?

2. I agree with the fact that people aren’t getting treated well and that they are poor. But I think that in Senegal, people have a different idea of what education is. I think they would think education is how much you’ve struggled, not learned. I was threatened to go to one of those schools to carry the family trait and as far as I know, it is not amusing.

• I agree with you.That Senegal has a different idea of what is school and the kids rights. I find it sad that the kids are in such awful state.

3. Wow well done. I never knew you thought like this. I do wonder why there are only boys on the street too. I also remember when our teacher talked to us about it. Do you ever think of anything to help them?

4. You had really good details in your paragraph.I also wondered why there is manly boys in the streets.How well did you 3rd grade teacher explain it to you?